Wednesday, August 5, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Guest Room

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
The Guest Room

By Chris Bohjalian

Publication Date: January 5

From Amazon:

When Kristin Chapman agrees to let her husband, Richard, host his brother’s bachelor party, she expects a certain amount of debauchery. She brings their young daughter to Manhattan for the evening, leaving her Westchester home to the men and their hired entertainment. What she does not expect is this: bacchanalian drunkenness, her husband sharing a dangerously intimate moment in the guest room, and two women stabbing and killing their Russian bodyguards before driving off into the night.
In the aftermath, Kristin and Richard’s life rapidly spirals into nightmare. The police throw them out of their home, now a crime scene, Richard’s investment banking firm puts him on indefinite leave, and Kristin is unsure if she can forgive her husband for the moment he shared with a dark-haired girl in the guest room. But the dark-haired girl, Alexandra, faces a much graver danger. In one breathless, violent night, she is free, running to escape the police who will arrest her and the gangsters who will kill her in a heartbeat.
What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!





15 comments:

Laura said...

Great pick. Sounds really interesting. Adding it to my ever growing TBR list.

Mari said...

This sounds like an intense read you have discovered there, Jill. Like Laura I will be adding it to my TBR pile. If me and my is ever getting married(17 years and no knot tied yet) I will sure encourage him as well to read this novel before his bachelor party, although this sure sounds a bit different from most bachelor parties that I have heard of here in Norway ;)

Have a lovely Wednesday!

Lovin Books said...

Nice pick. I like the cover <3

Sherry L said...

So much drama!!! What a book to look forward to! Definitely have to add this to my TBR - thanks for sharing, HAPPY READING!


Sherry@theBloggityBLOG

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love the sound of this one! I haven't always enjoyed this author, but I loved the one about midwives...and this one sounds right up my alley.

MoodReaderDiary said...

WOW, what a bachelor party!

Rachel said...

Woah this sounds intense!

Faith @ Lattes and Lovers said...

Wow. Sounds dark...but still great. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Mandina said...

I haven't read this author before, but I hear their books are good! Great pick!

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

Wow - that is one crazy plot!

Nicole @ Boundless Bookaholic said...

Sounds like a good pick. Mine was Six of Crows :)

Nicole @ Boundless Bookaholic

GG said...

WOW, sounds like a really dark read.

Kim Griffin said...

Sounds like a really good book!

Lillianne said...

Sounds like one crazy plot! Here is my Waiting on Wednesday for this week! :) http://littlelilliereads.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-lady-midnight-dark.html

Drea Shane said...

This doesn't look like something I'd like, but I hope you get it when it comes out!