Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Women


This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

The Women
By T.C. Boyle
Publication Date: February 10

From Amazon:

"Having brought to life eccentric cereal king John Harvey Kellogg in The Road to Wellville and sex researcher Alfred Kinsey in The Inner Circle, T.C. Boyle now turns his fictional sights on an even more colorful and outlandish character: Frank Lloyd Wright. Boyle’s account of Wright’s life, as told through the experiences of the four women who loved him, blazes with his trademark wit and invention."

Having adored Loving Frank by Nancy Horan, I can't decide if this will further the intrigue or be overkill...regardless, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it to see. Given the success of Horan's book, comparisons will inevitably be made, and it will be interesting to read the commentary once it's released. This certainly has a lot to live up to, but I'm hoping it's just as compelling.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Leave a comment with either the link to your own "Waiting On" Wednesday post or just your answer (if you don't have a blog).

5 comments:

Alea said...

I decided to join in the fun today! My answer is here!

Anonymous said...

That looks interesting. I enjoyed Loving Frank, but I'm not sure I want to read any more about him.

Lenore Appelhans said...

YAY Alea!

My post for today is here .

S. Krishna said...

I've had Loving Frank sitting on my TBR shelves forever - I almost forgot about it until I saw your post!

Lynn said...

Hi there,
This is my first time visiting. I came from Bermuda Onion's blog. I'm not a book reviewer so I don't have any "waiting on" books I'm expecting in the mail. But I had to comment. I read T.C. Boyle's Road to Wellville recently and it was fascinating; it was peopled with eccentric characters, and had a memorable and also eccentric plot. The kind of book you don't forget. This new one will probably be just as memorable, too.